Friday, April 17, 2009

Sue the Bastards!

I'm probably the least easy person to insult that I know. When I said that at a gathering of friends and acquaintances once, a man I'll call Bob (cuz that's what he calls himself) told me that's because he hasn't figured out which button to push yet. I replied that, especially in his case, I have no buttons. This is NOT to say that I don't get red-faced furious over the antics of some people, sometimes. But really, it's so seldom I take offense that I might be a pushover, if I didn't have standards.

I also don't believe we've done the right thing by becoming such a sue-the-bastards society.

There are exceptions.

The following is one of those, sent to me by an Air Force Veteran in Colorado. Thanks, Merlin!

Federal Lawsuit Filed Against Janet Napolitano Over Homeland Security’s Rightwing Extremism Policy
Thursday, April 16, 2009
ANN ARBOR, MI – The Thomas More Law Center, a national public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, announced today that it has filed a federal lawsuit against Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano. The lawsuit claims that her Department’s “Rightwing Extremism Policy, ” as reflected in the recently publicized Intelligence Assessment, “Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment, ” violates the civil liberties of combat veterans as well as American citizens by targeting them for disfavored treatment on account of the political beliefs.
Read the whole thing at the Thomas More Law Center website.

2 comments:

SwampWoman said...

Hunh. Glad to hear about it.

Kait said...

How can I get involved with that lawsuit? The pure hatred coming out of that lil Troll's mouth was the most offensive and infuriating thing I think I have ever heard. I'll take it with a grain of salt, they'll see their stupidity when they've turned us into communists. Or worse, Democrats.