Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax Day Tea Party!

USA! USA! USA!

I won't be able to attend the local tea party today, and I am pretty bummed about it. Will follow online to the best of my ability, AND I sent Dopey, Dopey, Dopey and Dopey virtual tea bags, with an online post card and tea bag I found at El Campeador's blog.

YOU can send one, too!

I love this, particularly because after September 11, 2001 and the anthrax scare(s), it may take months for a real teabag to be received by my Elected Officials in Washington. And I'm not so sure ANY envelopes, containing ANY substance, are passed through to the CongressWeasels in D.C.

On a personal note, eleven years ago today I began my own personal Boston Tea Party - I began the fight to stop smoking. So far...so good. Marlboro Lights box were $4.25 at Albertson's in Poway, California at that time. I decided not to pay that tax anymore, and have been not paying it ever since.

2 comments:

Kait said...

HAPPY TAX DAY!!!! I am SO glad this stupid season is OVER!!!!

Congrats, mom, Eleven years. Good for you! I'll be quitting tomorrow, and I hope I get that long as well...

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

Ya just gotta want it more than you want anything else...that SOUNDS much easier than it is. It will take some time. More than you've dedicated to any one thing since...learning to drive? Make sure you buy plenty of Hot Tamales candy. Cinnamon helps a lot, and if you let 'em get a bit old, the 'chew' is good, too.

Congratulations on making it through another harrowing season. www.FairTax.org!!!