SwampWoman, who blogs at A1A South, posts this report on the Tea Party at Jacksonville Landing. -envious sigh-
Some excerpts:
...
There were Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, and Independents. There were current military and retired veterans, lots of small business people, cubicle dwellers, and parents worried about the debt load on their small children. The speakers were of all ages (high school students, college students, 20-somethings, Navy wives, a “professional” blogger, and retirees). There were a lot of Fair Tax supporters in evidence.
...
The difference between a “right wing potential domestic terrorist” protest and a left wing protest of any kind: No references to genitalia, sexuality, no nekkid sagging boobs or scrotums, and the signs were spelled correctly.
...
Whenever I lowered my arms, I elbowed the people around me. Good thing that they were all nice people. Of course, I’m sorry that ACORN organizers didn’t show up (where I could see them, anyway) so that I could take pictures from beside THEM. I hate accidentally bruising nice people.
...
“We Are All Domestic Terrorists Now”
Right beside ya.
Thanks for all you do, Swampie.
By the way - I'm a Domestic Goddess Terrorist, as I'm sure Swampie is.
UPDATE: Paco has some wonderful pictures and witty commentary from the Tea Party in HIS neck of the woods - aka Washington, D.C. (in case you didn't know).
In The Mailbox: 09.24.26 (Evening Edition)
12 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment