According to WOKV, it's a 10 on the weather gage. I'll go along with that. Sunny, bright, bit of a breeze, and +75F. I'd prefer just a touch more humidity, but I take what I can get from the weather in Florida.
I've been listening to reports about the pirates that have an American as their hostage. I will keep the family and friends in my prayers, as well as the men and women serving in the Navy who have been called for assistance. We love 'em all, we really do.
Lovely Daughter sent a link to the article about the pirates earlier because it mentioned P-3's, the plane her daddy flew aboard as Inflight Technician for the majority of his Navy career, but I can't find that link right now.
If you hear mention of planes taking pictures or being the eyes in the sky, that's our boys & girls, it was part of our lives for a big part of the 22 years My Chief was in the Navy. P-3 crews train here in Jax, and the sound of a P-3 in the pattern is part of almost every day in this house. We were stationed with P-3 squadrons in Maine, Hawai'i, and here in Jax, plus the Test Pilot School at Patuxent River, Maryland.
I'm going to miss them.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment