Ah, Springtime in NE Florida - the sun's coming up over Ben's house, pink flowers show themselves on the redbud tree, the school bus is late (again), there's frost on the BroncoII in my front yard, and the birds are singing "It's beginning to look a lot like January!"
Hubby covered the tomatoes - when I went to bed it was +42F, I'm guessing it was colder than that when he got up at 0230.
I am going to invest my next paycheck in a decent thermometer for this place. My computer WeatherChannel thingy says it's +40F (feels like 34!), but once again, when did frost start coming down when it's 40?!? Suggestions for brand or type are welcome, but keep 'em inexpensive, my paycheck is SMALL.
In baseball news, My Padres got their first win of the season, beating the ManRam Dodgers 4-2. Hey, that means they're tied for either 2nd or last place in their division at 1-1. SF Giants are in 1st place with one win but no losses. Yeah, you can tell it's the first series of the season, can't you? This stuff changes on a moment by moment basis for months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Readings at the airport are usually higher than what my thermometer says at home.
Don't ask me what my thermometer said this morning. I got up, went out to feed, and immediately came back inside and went back to sleep. It's my vacation, damnit, and I have a nasty cold.
The weird thing is, Swampie, our readings are usually from NAS. Since it's on the river, I know it's off from what we know we are over here in the swampland. The other one I get is Orange Park, I don't know where their stuff is located, but I'd guess city hall - which is a block off the river, again...but THAT much of a difference, where they say 40F and I see frost? That's a bit much, even though I KNOW how site-specific frost is. So I want something a bit more specific to THIS location.
A cold on vacation - that bites!
Oh, if they have it at city hall, they likely have it very near (or on top of) the building and the parking lot.
You can say that again! One of the people I worked with had a nasty cold last week, as did Swampman. I thought I'd lucked out, but noooooo. I was lucky enough to come down with it my entire spring break.
Post a Comment