Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Random Thoughts

No, not mine, those of Thomas Sowell. I'd like to show the whole thing here, because picking a few excerpts is NOT easy, but I want you to give my friend the Rabbi some bidniss at JewishWorldReview.com. He does an amazing job over there, and I'm grateful for everything I've learned - or unlearned - as a result of his work. Starting today, I've got a permanent link on the sidebar, there's always something good there, so check it out once in awhile and see what you think.

Back to Mr. Sowell...my favorites in his list are, in no particular order:

Barack Obama's favorable reception during his tour in Europe may be the most enthusiastic international acclaim for a democratic government leader since Neville Chamberlain returned from Munich in 1938, proclaiming "peace in our time."

...
How a man who holds the entire population of a country as his prisoners, and punishes the families of those who escape, can be admired by people who call themselves liberals is one of the many wonders of the human mind's ability to rationalize. Yet such is the case with Fidel Castro.
...
What does "economic justice" mean, except that you want something that someone else produced, without having to produce anything yourself in return?

No comments: