Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We're not ALL stupid, are we?

I know, I know, I've already posted two pieces of drivel (linking to SMART writing) this morning, but I read Rich Lowry's column in JWR.com, and if you don't make reading his stuff a priority (as RSMcCain and Steyn are), you might miss it.

F'r instance - "It used to be that presidents only could fire chiefs of staff and Cabinet members; now, Obama can fire any of the corporate officials who effectively work for him. It used to be that the country had clearly delineated public and private sectors; now, they are mashed together in an arrangement vastly increasing governmental power." (emphasis mine)


How can you resist a line like this - "...if politicians and bureaucrats knew how to run car companies, they'd probably be working for Toyota or Ford."

Yep, got us one impressive administration these days...(hack-cough-sputter-gag)

UPDATE: Excellent post on this topic at Are We Lumberjacks?

2 comments:

kae said...

OH, but Obamessiah is a "Community Organiser", whatever that is.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

That means he's never had a REAL job, Kae. Pushing papers and making rules for everyone to live by, talking about how things are gonna be different - those are NOT real work experience, they're what most of us did in junior high and high school, with some still participating in such whining at the watercooler.

Guy's a flake, a fake, and a very dangerous man, with even more dangerous friends. I am not optimistic.