Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Well, THAT didn't make any sense...

UPDATE/CORRECTION: I don't do well at creating intriguing, interesting, amusing headlines. Oh well. I tried to throw that link up while attempting to wrangle the Pixie, a cat, and a husband...Life isn't always easy, but dangit, it sure is fun!

Anyway...I was making the beds and talking with the Pixie and she turned the tv on - it was on FoxNewsChannel. The crawl at the bottom said something to the effect that (I paraphrase and add personal impression here, ok?) BarryO - I'm sorry, PRESIDENT BarryO - was signing another piece of my granddaughter's life away, but that some 'earmarks' are ok, as long as they're for a good purpose. WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!? Here's a "money quote" if I EVER saw one, from the AP article - In a sign of his discomfort with the bill, Obama did not sign it in public.

Headdesk. Gag.

UPDATE: The word I've been searching for all day that I heard and then read was "worthy." My goodness, whatever gave BarryO the idea some earmarks aren't "worthy." There's only NINE THOUSAND of 'em, after all! If you divide them up between all the States, that's a hundred and eighty projects PER STATE!

No comments: