I have a fondness for Friday, March 13. On this day in 1953, my parents met at a dance where my mother was going to college and my father was home on leave from the Air Force. Less than 2 weeks later, he asked her to marry him just before he headed back East. She said yes. He sent her an engagement ring in the mail. They were married on November 7, after having seen each other in person no more than 10 or 12 times.
They had a rocky time of it, but somehow had stayed married for 38 years and pretty much enjoyed their time together by the time Dad died in 1991.
Friday the 13th - just like any other day, it IS what YOU make it. Mine is going to be tired, because I'm up late on Thursdays but fun because the Pixie shows up here in less than an hour. I just can't have a bad day when she's around!
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
This is Kait's comment:
Kait said...
I did not know that. Maybe I did, but I had forgotten. And, they got married a day before your future Birthday...I love coincidences! Love you Blog, you should have been a columnist.
10:41 AM, March 13, 2009
Yeah, I was your grandparents' second anniversary present. Yay.
Post a Comment