Mitch Albom is probably best known for his sports writing. I like his style a lot, having read his columns at JewishWorldReview.com for several years now, and I've seen him on The Sports Reporters, too. My husband is a fan of his books - "Tuesdays With Morrie" and "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" are his most famous, but Duffy likes "For One More Day" so much he returns to parts of it every so often to help him through a rough patch.
In case you haven't seen this news where you are, a couple NFL players left Tampa (St. Pete? Clearwater? I don't remember) to go fishing a week ago Saturday and were lost when a storm blew through the Gulf of Mexico and the boat capsized, presumably. This is not a post about right, wrong or indifferent. This is about. . . Life. And how short it can be, and how unexpectedly it can change.
You can find Albom's column about Corey Smith here. Pay attention to that last paragraph.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment