From JewishWorldReview,com comes this column by Richard Z. Chesnoff, formerly a senior correspondent with US News and World Report, now a columnist with the NY Daily News, and author of "Pack of Thieves: How Hitler and Europe Plundered the Jews and Committed the Greatest Theft in History."
From the column:
And why beat your breast over American involvement in the 1953 overthrow of Iran's Mossadeq regime. If Mr Obama thought he was reaching out a conciliatory hand to the Mullahs of Tehran, he missed it. The mullahs who seized power in 1979 have tried to use Mossadeq now as a martyr. But they always opposed and despised Mossadeq who was a secular nationalist. Nor was his regime "democratically elected". At the time Mossadedeq was overthrown with CIA help, he had autocratically suspended elections and ruled Iran by "emergency decree".
As David Frum put it, "for the United States to apologize to the present Iranian regime for the overthrow of Mossadeq would be a little like President Eisenhower apologizing to Josef Stalin for the murder of Trotsky."
BarryO is a real putz. A very dangerous putz.


2 comments:
Funny, ain't it! I've always hated to discuss politics and here I am posting something political nearly every day.
So true, Swampie. I like to LISTEN about politics some on the radio, but refuse to watch the news on television. As I've mentioned, I think, I don't listen to music, I go for talk, sports talk, finance, and DIY/gardening. So what happens? I CAN'T RESIST THE POSTS!
I showered with Rush for years, but not so much anymore, miss it only a little. ;-)
Post a Comment