Wednesday, March 18, 2009

USA! USA! USA!

I love baseball. It was very important to me from 1997-2000, and I think the San Diego Padres helped save my sanity. We went to as many games as we could manage during that time. I even went to a couple by myself. Though I'll always be a Padres fan, I feel the need to support our home-state teams now - the Marlins and the Rays. The AA team here in Jax (Jacksonville Suns) are a farm team for the Marlins now, which makes it easier. For several years they were AA for the Dodgers, and being a Padres fan made it difficult to cheer for "them." Games are fun here. Nice ballpark, friendly people, and sometimes we get to watch the Montgomery Biscuits!

All criticism of timing and possible injury aside (I'm a fan of BASEBALL, not the business of baseball), I like the World Baseball Classic, too. Especially when a player I like (even though I don't cheer for his team) does what David Wright did.

Chants of "USA! USA! USA!" rang through Dolphin Stadium as Team USA players piled on David Wright near second base.
...

Wright blooped a dramatic two-run single, capping a three-run ninth inning, that lifted Team USA to a 6-5 win over Puerto Rico in an elimination game at the World Baseball Classic.

Good stuff. Good guy. Cute, too.

Don't you just love Spring!?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG I LOVE DAVID WRIGHT! Chris won't let me watch when he comes to bat at the Home Run Derby cuz I can't stop Droolin! =)