One of the first blogs I ever read was Tim Blair, from Australia. I love his wit and way with words. His commenters used to have me laughing till I cried. One of those commenters, after Tim stopped his personal blog & began writing for the Daily Telegraph, was Paco, who began his own blog called Paco Enterprises a few months back. It's a collection of links to interesting stuff, his astute, sometimes sarcastic observations on the world at large - with special emphasis on the goings-on in the hallowed halls of D.C. - and short stories that are - to those of us who admire such things - riveting and amusing and reminiscent of Mickey Spillane and Raymond Chandler. His Che's Lost Bolivian Diaries are fantastic!
Kae, SwampWoman, and, of course, Andrea - along with others I'm not taking time to name - are in my sidebar because I read them on a regular basis. They're fun, interesting...and usually have a sarcastic tilt to them, which I LOVE. They are online friends who make this whole internettiness thing SO much fun.
I'm learning a lot from all of them. Slowly.
UPDATE: I also read Robert Stacy McCain, both his blog AND his columns in The American Spectator. I have to - they published a letter to the editor I wrote once.
In The Mailbox: 09.24.26 (Evening Edition)
12 hours ago


6 comments:
Kae's is a great blog and you are right to send some praise Tim's way, too. You could do much worse than finding inspiration from Tim who is not only a great blogger but a nice guy, too.
Welcome to my little corner, and thank you, VodkaBlogger. It's kind of you to stop by.
Tim Blair is the greatest.
And way to go with that link, K.C! Many Thanks.
Oh, MAN! The Famous (and infamous?) Paco shows up, and I'm over at the neighbor's!!!
Thank YOU, Paco. Please, keep up the good work.
The Scarlet Paco-nell
We seek him here
We seek him there
Y'know?
I like it so much when I findo ut someone likes my blog. Comments, and new commenters are great, too. Sometimes they can give me a different perspective, or point out that maybe I haven't explained myself very well.
I'm a bit slack at the moment, busy time at work, and I only have five hours at home in the vertical, so it limits my input.
I just missed out on a blogger soiree here in D.C. that, I believe, Robert McCain is attending (it's tomorrow night and I didn't arrange for my invite). The good thing (one of the few) about Washington is that you can actually meet some of these bloggers from time to time.
Not me, of course. As kae would say:
Is he in heaven,
Is he in hell,
That damned, elusive Paco-nell!
Post a Comment