I spent a bit of time today talking to a man who moved to Alabama after he retired from the Navy. He is at least the 5th Sailor I know who is surprised at the lack of respect in the civilian world for the Navy Way of doing things. Civilian companies are inefficient in many ways, and pretty clueless & uninterested in improving 'the bottom line' by improving efficiency & quality. With JUST the examples these men have given me, in diverse areas such as transportation safety, manufacturing, and security, plus two people I know in a tax-preparation office and a middle school, I completely understand what happened to our economy.
Efficiency and Quality are NOT important in the civilian world - workers rights are. The unions and ACLU are in charge and quality of product is NOT what they're interested in. What's important is how "you" make them feel and whether or not "you" have offended them.
I don't think we'll come out of this any time soon...MAYBE by the time my granddaughter is ready to get a job. But not counting on that.
We may not be a Nation of cowards, but we're moving fast toward being a Nation of Lazy Bums.
In The Mailbox: 09.24.26 (Evening Edition)
12 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment