Monday, February 23, 2009

A short explanation

Friend emailed, asked why I named this blog "Pixie Place." I have a couple pet names for my daytime job, which is caring for my granddaughter (now almost 17 months). When she started smiling at me, well over a year ago, she reminded me of the little creatures Lileks calls Jingle Pixies. So that's what I called her. She is still a little blond pixie, her mother has decorated much of her room with Tinkerbell stuff, & it just fits her little self, in my opinion. Lots of the other things are the popular-this-season ladybug items, so I also call her Bug...but it's usually StinkBug, not Ladybug!

She's an important part of my day for the foreseeable future, so my place is the Pixie Place.

Besides, it's kinder than Bullshirt from an Old Broad...

Now ya know. Whether you wanted to or not.

I'll post a picture of my pixie soon, when I'm up for trying something different here.

Thanks for stopping by, I'm HUNGRY again!

UPDATE: Who am I kidding - I'll post a picture when I have time to figure out HOW to post a picture. Most of the instructions may as well be written in ancient Aramaic for all I can see. I am NOT trained in computers, I just wander & stumble my way into things. My memory wouldn't remember most terms & definitions for more than a moment or 2 anyway. This may be the biggest foul-up I've made in quite some time...

1 comment:

SwampWoman said...

I may have to go back to my ol' Blogspot account to figure out how I posted pictures. It HAS to be very easy because I'm one of those trial and error people.

Read directions? I don' need no steenkin' directions!