Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Wednesday

I hear the pontification by BarryO went off without a hitch - Michelle is blessed with good dressers - & I'm not sorry to have watched whatever it was I watched on the MLB channel instead. I'm listening to WMAL in D.C. right now (our last duty station was the Test Pilot School at Pax River). I get most of my political news from Grandy & Andy.

After I get up in the morning, I usually feed the cats & pour coffee, then come here to the computer to check mail & read some blogs. First on my list is Lileks. From today's posting:

Sir. Six oysters for breakfast with a rasher of bacon is an indulgence. Three showgirls in your lap is an indulgence. Racing a car at high speed on weekends is an indulgence. Having a moral tuning fork that twinges when someone drinks water from a plastic bottle is an affectation.

Gotta love this level of puffery & hypocrisy & arrogance. I'll love it from a distance, though, thanks. Anyone in my daily life who acts that way is usually laughed back into some semblance of sanity...or excised from my daily life. Lileks is always a good morning read - click here, or the link in the sidebar .

My lil pixie is here now, so we're going to go have cheese toast & bananas for breakfast. Thanks for stopping by & please, enjoy your day, no matter what.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey kiddo...Howz ya' doin'?

'Bout this here Bloggin' thingy..If ya' remember that you do this FOR you, as a matter of getting, frustration, anger or whatever out...for YOU...Think it's called "self therapy" and don't concern yourself with numbers...it works wonders, for the heart, soul and mind.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

Rodrigo - Except for arthritis pain from Hell, Iz doin damn good.

I was astounded when I started "filling out the forms" that I can put advertising up here...but since I figger to have my online friends read now & then, maybe my niece in Gainesville & a couple old friends from California & Hawai'i, with very little real "traffic," I think the only way I could make anyone any money would be in negatives. I'm still too freaked I really started this thing to even tell anyone in my daily life!

I AM having fun so far, what is this, day 3? Maybe wouldn't have felt the urge if there was a different President, but y'know, some things just shouldn't be shouted at my kids or cats, it's much less dangerous when I pound it out on a keyboard.

I appreciate your support, & Andrea's & I almost fell over when I was top topic on one of Paco's Assortments. Y'all know a lot about the things I just don't say out loud in polite company. So thanks for your help, kind words, & inspiration, & thanks for stopping by, I hope you do that s'more.