...and since I really LIVE by the words spoken by Martin Luther King, Jr so many years ago, I decided to post this article from CNSNews.com:
This man is probably the single greatest spokesman for the NFL other than someone that’s in the NFL, and he’s disqualified because he’s conservative? I find it quite offensive.
I am not a member of any religion. I don't belong to a church or a synagogue. Don't see that changing any time in the near future. What I do have is a set of personal standards, most based on Old Testament Biblical teachings.
One of the reasons I don't have a religion is that too many who do belong to a church seem to have rather flexible 'standards.' I have certain standards - maybe fewer than churchgoers, which simplifies things for my little brain. Too many rules mean I forget too many things. I work at sticking by my personal standards. Never say Never. People are more important than Things. Racism is wrong. When you work to earn something, its value increases a thousandfold over having it handed to you for free.
Standing up, when necessary, for a man who's been lied about repeatedly - whether I agree with him or not - is one of my standards. My own personal integrity demands it.
The NFL owners and commissioner are obviously the hypocrites many "big business rich folks" have the reputation for being. This makes me sad. Having been to only one NFL game and only because Lovely Daughter was there to perform with her cheer squad at half time, I can't exactly do what Mr. Muller has done.
But I would.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment