Thursday, October 22, 2009

Applebee's ROCKS!

I may not be crazy about the food - well, they do have Triple Chocolate Meltdown - but I cannot criticise their heart. This link was in my email this morning from my brother, the Old Retired Petty Officer.

Veteran's eat FREE at Applebee's on Veteran's Day.

If you know of any other establishments doing this, please let me know and I'll post 'em.

4 comments:

Glenn Mark Cassel said...

Golden Corral has a free meal for active, retired, reserve and vets.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

I knew about that one - we don't like to drive 20 minutes then stand in line for 2 hours, so we've not been there...yet.

SwampWoman said...

Hunh. I wonder if it's on the honor system or you have to pull out the DD214.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

Website says show proof of military service. I have a retired spouse ID, of course, but anything other than DD214 might be fairly discretionary, you're right about that...

Guess gray hair and wrinkles wouldn't qualify in MOST people's eyes...