I've had a bit of a lesson in gossip and tale-telling this week. We all know, don't we, that anything we say can be twisted by someone else and turned into something ugly, even when what was said was what we thought of as merely informational. Many of the people I know should be politicians, because they're VERY GOOD at it.
Rabbi Twerski's lesson this morning seems applicable in my situation. Thanks for the reminder, Rabbi!
If you wish to know the true mettle of a person, look at his disciples. The true nature of a person is revealed in those whom he taught. Their character, their behavior and their belief reflect that of the teacher.
Before accepting anyone as authoritative on how one should live, check into how he has lived his life.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Heh. I ran into that when I went to work at a new school last year. I had so many knives stuck in my back that I jingled when I walked.
I know it's not just me, Swampie, or there wouldn't be whole Bible (or Torah) teachings about it, handed down through the centuries. But dammit, one of my peeves is having something I said twisted all out of shape to the point where someone NOT EVEN PRESENT has been insulted...by ME!
People. Cain't live with 'em. Cain't shoot 'em.
Sheesh.
Post a Comment