I wonder if James Lileks cares that when I read his column, it cheers me up from the crapola that is covered by nearly everyone else? Need a mood-altering COLUMN and a cup of coffee? Enjoy!
The line that started my mood-improvement this morning:
I mulch therefore I am. Well, not true; I don’t mulch. I put down mulch. And by “put down” I mean I swear at every bag in the most humiliating, derisive fashion.
Next on my mood-improvement list is Dave Barry. What can I say about his column that you won't think of yourself? Nothing.
There's a place in California, called the We Care Spa, which bills itself as "a holistic fasting retreat," and which charges guests up to $3,484 A WEEK. Yes! To starve!
I haven't been to a high school reunion, and really have no plans to attend one in the future. I wasn't important there, I wasn't 'connected,' and I certainly wasn't popular. I was closer to being a stoner than a nerd...but I wasn't even very good at that, because I usually followed the few rules my parents set down for me. And I love the idea of letting someone pay me for THEM not eating, but I have a tiny little ethical problem with it...I think.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I went back to go to my 10th high school reunion, but ended up spending a fun weekend with husband and never going. I suppose my high school experience was "detached". I got the credits for my diploma fairly early and spent the last two years working half days. I didn't have any close ties and decided that going back and pretending as if I actually missed or thought of anybody would be silly.
Yeah, I only went to HHS for 2 years, I left once when I got my heart broke, then came back to "the love of my life" marrying someone else...and then I pretty much left for good. I really have no interest in seeing middle-aged people act like stupid teenie-boppers, I don't care who got fat or bald or had a boob job or multiple affairs with every waitress in town and who didn't or who went to Seattle/ Canada/ Tibet/ New York City to 'find themselves' and never came back. I really don't care, especially when the last reunion "theme" was Boots, Beer and Boogie or some other such drivel. I DID go see a guy I'd had a really nice friendship with during my 2 years in school there, and for a short time after (sat next to each other in US History, then I worked with his mum and wrote him while he was in boot camp) one of the last times I was up home. He's one of the only 2 dentists in town, I think. It was nice, but there's no need to attempt 'relationship' when I'm only there every few years at the most.
Post a Comment