Here are some things I came across while looking for something inspirational or uplifting - or amusing - to share on Independence Day. I didn't have a lot of time for it, I'm kinda new at this, y'know? I'm off to a meeting real soon, then have a bit of corn on the cob to prepare for the deep freeze, and I plan to make potato salad for our dinner later. Got some chicken breasts marinating in Korean bbq sauce, which will go nicely with the corn and potato salad, I think. Maybe some sliced cucumbers & tomatoes as a nice fresh side. Good food and baseball today, with racing under the lights at Daytona as a nice end to the day. Man...I got a great life. Now, let's see what we've got here...
Like other heroes of our founding generation including Paul Revere the silversmith, William Dawes the tanner, and Joseph Warren the doctor, Adams never thought of organizing as a full-time occupation; he just lent a hand where he thought it was needed.
Please read the rest at American Spectator.
There's also An Enlisted Man's Point of View by George H. Wittman that will give...yep, a completely different point of view from what the DemSM (Thanks for that, Andrea) will tell you on any given evening news.
Here's a bit from that article:
It might be a good idea for President Obama and his civilian advisors to spend a few weeks with the Army and Marines to get some idea of what really motivates the U.S. military. Apparently General Jim Jones, USMC Ret., the national security advisor, has forgotten what he once knew.
This column from the online version of the Wall Street Journal is from Memorial Day, but remembering Heroes is a good thing in ALL seasons.
You may think Our Elected Officials speak in gibberish - and I wouldn't argue the point - but it seems Thomas Jefferson's friend wrote him a letter in cipher that has only recently been decoded.
And last, from William J. Bennett and John Cribb, an article on one of the greatest writings of all time, in my humble opinion. I used to know it by heart, but with age and damage, most parts have gone to the recycle bin of my brain. It is still a beautiful and inspirational piece to me.
I wish you all the finest Independence Day imaginable. Be safe, and take care of each other, y'hear? Thanks for stopping by!
Friday, July 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment