Hubby and friend Chuck (Chuck is the tall one). This is the UNMARKED trail head on the Big Shoals to Little Shoals section of the Florida Trail.The section has been re-routed so there's no road-walking, but the trail head isn't marked from the highway, and the old orange blazes haven't been painted over, which tends to confuse me even more. But we've found it - twice!
And no, I don't hike with 'em. I get plenty of time on my feet during the week, so I drop them off, then drive to the trail head at the end of the section and either read, do embroidery & mending, or nap. Sometimes I go into town & eat or try to find new stuff at the Family Dollar store. Nice way to avoid housework, dontchathink?
Bridge over the Suwanee River. These guys think this is the prettiest section of the Florida Trail they've seen.I can't argue that one.
One day, I intend to hike it with 'em, but that'll be next year, cuz the heat & bugs are coming along fast - almost Kayak Season now!


No comments:
Post a Comment