Thursday, March 26, 2009

Stuff

Paco calls this kind of post an "Assortment." When I find a suitable non-Pacoism name, I'll use it, but for now, it's just stuff I read that I found interesting, amusing, sarcastic, ironic...or all of the above!

1. "It's a victory for the environment and public health; it was never an issue of religious freedom" for the county to padlock the school and outhouses on an Amish man's property. If he'd JUST pay the proper FEES and fill out the proper paperwork, this wouldn't happen, dontchaknow?

2. My home town wants 4 lanes thru town on Hwy 2, which is known as 4 for 2 in their ad campaigns, and is making some progress it seems. What I want to know is why Ken is known as Kim?

3. There'd never be anyone this side of the Mississippi floating this proposition! Law would allow concealed guns without permit

4. Also out of Helena, the legislature is evenly divided between Democrats & Republicans. Can you say " gridlock?" They have 27 days to deal with some "divisive bills."

5. Last, but certainly not least, USS Roosevelt comes home! If you've never seen a carrier group or an aviation squadron come home, you are missing one of the greatest heart-warming, heart-wrenching scenes ever. It never gets old, even when I don't know anyone aboard.

No comments: