Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Sunday Sunday!

I'm a bit peeved this morning. Slept in till after 6:30! Got up shortly after 7 to see about fixing breakfast for Hubby before deciding whether to go meet some friends or not. He has a meeting at work this morning (got a whole 27 cent raise this week!), so no breakfast. I hadn't decided yet if I'd go anyway, color my hair, mop floors, or do some other things that are more difficult when the Pixie is here.

That decision was taken completely out of my hands when he discovered the battery on his truck is dead, does the Bronco have gas, where are your keys?!?! Even though they were hanging on the key hooks, I had to stop scooping the litter box & come point them out.

We just assume it's not important for me to go anywhere...that anything I want to do really isn't a priority, and comes second to everything else.. Or third. It's been like this for a very long time, and usually I'm ok with it. Once in awhile, I lose my head & feel a bit more selfish than usual. Days when I hurt, for instance, which are becoming more common, unfortunately.

Ungrateful little bitch that I am, I think I'll go finish the dishes, put in a load of laundry, and colour my hair. I'm still not thrilled with being second fiddle, but I HAVE learned to not cut off my own nose to spite my face.

Will post a picture or 2 from yesterday when I take a break in a little while.

UPDATE: It wasn't union as earlier stated, so I changed that...and they presented him with a Company watch for going the whole year without an accident. We're so proud.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh* I am so not looking forward to that aspect of unemployment (although I do get it to a certain extent now since my job pays less).

Anonymous said...

I suppose I could color my hair since it has great grey stripes in it but I'm too lazy for the upkeep. I just know I'd have striped roots. You may as well do it since the Pixie is gone.

And call your friends to come get you since you'll be gorgeous. Might as well not waste that.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

See, that's what I mean about being whiny. If he was going to be gone long enough, I WOULD call someone...or put the damn charger on the damn truck. But BOTH of us wanted to be somewhere AT THE SAME TIME. I really like the AA meeting I usually go to on Sundays. So does he - but he had a JOB priority, fercryinoutloud, and that has ALWAYS taken precedence.

So, I got my colour in, showered, emptied the dishwasher, watered the tomatoes & cukes, and now he's home & doing some yard work & I'm going to make him a steak & egg breakfast burrito.

My disappointment still lingers, but at least now my truck's back!

Hair is a lovely colour, I guess I've been doing it so long it doesn't even phase me anymore...and I don't want the gray till I'm 60. 8-)

Anonymous said...

Well, it's almost Easter, so I suppose I could put some pretty Easter egg colors in my hair. After all, the white-shelled eggs dye the prettiest colors, so the white hair stripe should be spectacular!

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

Kait had hers streaked a lovely blue a couple times...and bright bright red once, too. I know a woman a couple years older than me who dyes her hair mauve. I kid you not, and I don't mean the old "blue hair" joke - my grandmother's was purple a couple times, too, with that rinse the old women used in the 60's. This woman dyes her hair mauve. And dresses in various hues & shades of purple, too. She may not obsess about drinking, but it don't mean she's clickin' on all cylinders!