I don't need a mommy anymore. Or a nanny (not that we even knew of such things in the small towns of Montana). Or a babysitter. I'm a grown and grown-up woman. My parents did an admirable job of letting me grow up and mature, with AND without their help.
Sure wish my government had the same faith in me that my parents did. John Stossel in JewishWorldReview.com.
Should I be surprised at the...well, I don't want to use the term too often, but...LIES BarryO and the Disciples tell anymore? Does the line "Some are more equal than others" ring a bell? Nat Hentoff, also at JWR.com.
Now, filed under More Important and More Interesting:
My Pixie got her first training pants yesterday, and knows by looking at the picture on the package what to do with them. Did you know they make those things for "children" up to 65 pounds? She's barely 22 lbs - the regular training pants for 18 month olds look like they'd fit ME, so we're sticking with disposables for now.
May not get back on here much today, I'm making up menus for the next Process Retreat. Wednesday is also my day to clean the bathroom and change the sheets, so might not be around till this evening. Go make it a wonderful day, thanks for stopping by, and remember - Never judge a day by the weather!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
*sigh* Many autistic kids aren't potty trained.
I understand the need for those, Swampie. But a whole selection of sizes and designs at the Exchange surprised me. I don't think the autistic or otherwise un-trainable children are the market here. I think it's lazy parents, who let their kid potty train "when she's ready" - and it looks to me as if changing a pull-up may be a new game in the honeymoon suite. At least 4 3-year-olds I know aren't even close to training. If the Pixie is "demanding" to do this now, those children are not being immature by their choice, it's by their parents' laziness and ignorance. Yes, that's my opinion, but I've been at this game a long time & that is the PROBABLE, not the only, reason for diapers that would fit my 23 year old daughter.
On a side note, all my tomatoes now have buds, with the cherry even blossoming. YAY!
Ummm, did daughter damage her machine, or did the spew from the 'Obama hit his head, thingy' come out OK?
When I do such things, the toughest part is, hearing the clunking (hell of a noise too) from the laptops dryer time.
No, Rodrigo, and thanks for asking, the keyboard & monitor just needed a bit of a wiping down. She's learned to aim better!
Wonder if dryer noise is the reason our laundry room is in the carport?
Kc, we've got a lot of dumbass parents out there that couldn't housetrain a dog, let alone a child, and that is all I'm saying about that.
Hell, Swampie, even most DOGS will housetrain in 3 days, won't they.
Yeah, my mum says I was 13 months, did it while she was on Christmas vacation from her teaching job. Then again, I WAS an exceptional child! ;-)
Post a Comment