Wednesday, December 23, 2009

So...having a rough go at Christmas?

MAYBE I can learn to keep things in their proper perspective.



Tip of my cap to GrouchyConservativePundits.com

WHENEVER I think I'm having a 'bad' day, I'll remember seeing these vids:








I don't live in Utopia. Hell, I don't even WANT to. But I plan to spend this day being thankful for all the beautiful gifts in my life...like the Pixie, who is moving furniture - this time the play pen with her cousin in it, turning him around for a better view, I guess. I'm going to attempt a dumb-guy version of lefse.

Remember - God gave us mountains, so we'd learn how to climb...so climb on!

2 comments:

SwampWoman said...

I'm having problems with being properly Christmasy, too. I think it is because I prefer to give than receive and, this year, I just don't have the funds.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

Yep, that's possible, Swampie. You give SO much of yourself during the year, things that can't be bought with cash... and sometimes people notice, and sometimes they don't. I was wondering this morning if anyone even CARED about the WORK I put into this day and the meal today...but y'know, it REALLY doesn't matter. I do it because I enjoy it. I am a COOK. I've been a Homemaker for 25 years. Eating and talking and laughing and spending time with my hubby and kids and the Pixie are all I want... and if that's all I can give, too, so be it.

As one Friend says, I do what I can with what I have when I can. Even G-d expects no more from me.