Turkey's in the oven, shopping is finished, kids and family friend will be here in a couple hours. Hubby's at the gym. Lucky guy. The new job doesn't give him much 'workout' time.
I always liked this song. It's got a good beat and you could dance to it - if you wanted!
Then there's my handsome and talented son-in-law's evil twin, Jon Bon Jovi...they look SO much alike...
Finally, The King.
Merry Christmas, m'Friends. Thanks for stopping by!
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Son let me know late this afternoon that he was bringing his girlfriend that we have never met here for Christmas dinner. I don't mind but, the last time I heard, they were broken up. I do not have a gift for her. Aaaack.
My house is still a mess (out-of-state relatives have been calling to wish me a merry Christmas while I have been trying to clean).
I am a perfectionist, I suppose. I let things go too long because I don't have time to do them properly, then have to wipe down every book, every jar, etc. in the house. I think I better just do some general neatening, shampoo the carpets, and get some casseroles and cookies done.
Aaaaack! The turkey I've had thawing in the fridge since Monday afternoon is still frozen. I can't even get the giblet bag out.
Today is a day of quiet here in the Duffy house. Stood watch at the club from 6 till the next watch came on at 0730 - which means I've been chatting with David and Tony for 90 minutes. I always think I talk too much...then had to give David a jump when we were leaving. Good men. Nice time.
Thawed my turkey for part of the time over 3 days in the cool of the workroom...doubled paper bag. It was perfect.
Tidying up is all ANYONE will notice, if they notice at all. I used to fret some, my best friend said don't sweat it unless the 'guests' show up with white gloves on...and then don't ever invite THEM again, cuz that ain't friendly at all! So I make sure the toilet and sink are clean and the towels are fresh. Seems to be enough. Have a wonderful time, Swampie! Holler if you need (im)moral support!
We went down to Palmdale and had dinner with Debbie and Ralph. It was a nice time with no rush to do anything. Took Ralph some really good Mexican Dark Beer.
Today I will be putting a desk back together.
Going through on the 14 Freeway past the shopping centers it was a bit strange to see the stores closed in a metro area of about a half million. We ain't going to Walmart in Lancaster today. No way!
The two convenience stores and the two liquor stores in Cal City were open. Off road bike and ATV destination here. The Chinese place in town was also open.
I saw you mention the name of the beer - used to drink that at the taco shop in Poway - good stuff.
I'm sure the convenience stores here were open, but when I got home from my watch at 8am, I didn't step foot outside till 0745 today...except to feed the Toms and do a bit of laundry.
TODAY seems to be another story! Love to Sharon!
Best Turkey EVER. You have a gift.
Post a Comment