Paul Greenberg's column at JewishWorldReview.com really speaks to me today.
It really IS a wonderful life. It's full of the consequences of my decisions, choices I've made, and miracles I have no real explanation for.
It is also chock full of aggravation at bureaucrats and "intellectuals" who really truly honestly believe they can analyze my life without ever spending a moment of time in it. The problem with this is, they don't see the beauty and joy I see every day - they see the pathos and the things I lack that they deem 'needs.'
Along with an ordinary little house, a dumpy little truck, and almost continual pain, I have a husband who loves me, a daughter who respects me, a son-in-law who thinks I'm a helluva cook, and a 25month old granddaughter who makes retirement a lot more work and fun than I 'planned.' I have friends who inspire me, work that satisfies me, and more love than any degree or government program could ever bestow.
It's A Wonderful Life, and I'm not letting Mr. Potter and his minions steal it from me, because it is not the THINGS or MONEY that are important. It is Life, it is that love, that satisfaction, that inspiration I have INSIDE that counts. I believe God Is Love...and my life is full of both. No bureaucrat or professor of whatever can take that away from me.
Merry Christmas to all my online friends, from Blair Nation to Lileks to Parrothead Jeff, who also entertain and inspire me. My life is richer for having you here. Thank you.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That's the spirit, KC! Merry Christmas to you and yours.
In my case, I am just glad to be here!
Remember my post on Perspective? It is in play.
To all, Merry Christmas from the Antelope Valley.
God bless us every one!
Post a Comment