Friday, December 11, 2009

Snoopy's Christmas

Today is the start of the Christmas season for me. As a kid, this was the weekend we'd get the tree. Almost always the weekend closest to my mum's birthday, which is today. Happy Birthday, Mom. We love you!

One of my very favorite Christmas songs and some scenes from "A Charlie Brown Christmas." Glad it's chilly today, think I'll go make enchilada casserole like Grandma Elsie taught me. Y'all have a fine weekend, and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

SwampWoman said...

We put the tree up on Christmas eve, then down on New Year's day when I was a kid. It just doesn't feel right to me to have the tree up for two months!

/Funny how our childhood experiences shapes our entire lives, but there it is. It's MOM's fault. Daughter is planning on putting up the tree this weekend; I believe I may get around to putting one up next weekend. Or not.