Saturday, December 12, 2009

Go Griz! (Picture updated to show WEATHER!)

Game time temperature: 17 degrees with 20 mph winds. It was overcast at kickoff, but by the time I started watching the game, this is what it looked like. Snow and wind coming through the Hell Gate...awesome!

Montana held off a comeback attempt in the 4th quarter - in LOVELY Montana weather (*sigh*) to advance to the Division 1 championship against Villanova in Chattanooga next week.




From the Great Falls Tribune:

MISSOULA -- The Montana Grizzlies defeated Appalachian State 24-17 Saturday in the semifinals of the FCS national playoffs.

The Grizzlies will advance to the national championship game Dec. 18 in Chattanooga, Tenn., against Villanova.

Montana got a touchdown pass from Andrew Selle with 91 seconds left Saturday to provide the final score. Appalachian State had the ball deep in Grizzly territory in the final seconds, but a pass fell incomplete in the end zone on the final play of the game.

See Sunday's Tribune for comprehensive coverage of Treasure State sports.

4 comments:

SwampWoman said...

What IS that lovely Montana weather? Blinding blizzard? (grin)

Dang, with all the gray skies here, it's like being in the pacific northwest this winter.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

On my way to bed now, but will try to find some pictures tomorrow or Monday - it was snowstormin' through Hell Gate for the last part of that game! SO cool!

Today reminded me of Winter '98 in SoCal - that was El Nino - sure hope it's not a taste of what the rest of this winter will be, I don't know if my hands can take it!

SwampWoman said...

I was out doing my evening chicken feeding (so chickens will have food at the crack o' dawn--oooh, that would be NOW) so I wouldn't have to do it early in the a.m. at 11 p.m. last night. I was trying to outlast the rain and gave up because I figured it would rain all morning. SUCKER.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

I got a nice big pot of beef barley soup made, did a tiny bit of Christmas shopping (not much else possible when the amount of MONEY is tiny), and listened to the Army-Navy game. A beautiful day all around!