Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's Tuesday - with Thomas!

I feel like a pile of garbage again this morning...but the cough has become "productive," if that's not too much information...still hurts, still have just enough fever to be in a foul mood, with a headache I could do SO much better without. Ah well. Got NOTHING done here over the weekend, so spent yesterday with 3 curtain-climbers and an extra-large helping of laundry and dishes. Why is it that one less person in the house causes twice as much cleanup to be done when the one less person gets back? Sheesh...

Thomas Sowell's column today comes from JewishWorldReview.com, even though Binyamin is still very ill. He has imposed upon his assistant* to update a very few of his columnists, and to my great delight, Thomas Sowell is one of them!

Read the column to find the answer to the burning question - How can there be more unemployment after so many jobs have been "created"?

I also reprint here the most recent update from Binyamin's assistant, with a request that you add them all to your prayer list.


12/8/2009, MIDNIGHT UPDATE (from Binyamin's trusty assistant): Binyamin remains VERY ill. He is in need of your prayers and has asked that you do an extra act of kindness in his merit. "Something; anything," as he described it. Binyamin, mindful of his beloved readers as ever, also asked that I publish a couple of articles to prevent "JWR Withdrawl". Here are three: Wesley Pruden, Cal Thomas:, and Thomas Sowell.

Messages can be sent to schmooze@jewishworldreview.com


*"Able assistant" would no doubt do anything Binyamin asks that is within his/her power, believing it to be no imposition.

9 comments:

SwampWoman said...

Have you got the flu? It hit a friend of mine over the weekend.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

I don't THINK so - just like my niece's husband, I have a cold I can't shake. Cloned itself and went to my chest, while staying on duty in my head, too. Not my NOSE, my head - awful headache, cough, off&on fever. It's just the PITS! But it doesn't feel like flu. Still keeping an eye on it...so to speak...but clear on that score for now.

SwampWoman said...

Sounds exactly like the flu to me!

SwampWoman said...

And how in the world did you end up with THREE curtain climbers?

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

The Pixie has cousins. Boys 1yr and 3 1/2 yrs. Mama left their father (with good reason), lives with her parents again, she's working as a waitress. All the cheap (subsidised) daycare places are full with waiting lists. Three days a week usually. I like having the extra bit of cash, and the Pixie enjoys having them around...on the short days. Today was long (10-5) but it's usually 1030-3. Keeps us all out of trouble! My Chief started his new job today, too - he's junior supervisor now. No more weekends off, Sundays and Thursdays. Promotion and small raise in this economy - cain't complain much!

And you're right, it does sound like flu. Not tummy virus - flu! Livin' in denial, cuz I'd rather have a month-long cold? Sheesh.

SwampWoman said...

Yeah, assistant manager at retail means that you work the crap hours that the manager doesn't want to work. Sounds like the same type of thing for the chief!

Yeah, you have the flu! I'm afraid that I'm gonna get it over the Christmas break.

SwampWoman said...

Woohoooo! See that, kc? All we need to do is invest $20 in a company HQed in Panama and, hey Presto, we'll be affluent!

Why didn't I do this YEARS ago!

/Or I could not invest and be $20 more affluent today.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

Panama...hmmm...maybe if it was HATS, I'd be willing to take a chance! 8-) Twenty bucks today is impossible. I don't have 20 that can be taken from one thing to be spent on another. Pretty close to the bone. Not complaining - but for a few years I had nearly as much cash as I wanted for haircuts, thrift-store shopping, & eating unhealthy food. Not anymore...and it's taking me some time to get used to it again!

My mum hardly ever missed school because of sickness. Arranged with the Powers That Be to only be ill on weekends and holidays! REALLY hope you dodge the bullet on this one.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a spamster to send to the nether-regions of the blog world.

SwampWoman said...

DAMN, one of these days* when the economy improves, we're going to have to go on an unhealthy food eating binge, thrift store shopping trip, and a totally inappropriate haircut.

*Only not now, because I'd be tempted to kick your ass or at least force feed you several Chic-Fil-A chcolate chip peppermint milkshakes because you aren't battling the bulge. Plus I'm broke, too. Sigh. I suppose the truth is that I've surrendered in the entire war on weight gain.