Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I love Thomas Sowell

Anyone who reads this blog for more than a week knows I think Thomas Sowell is the cat's meow. He writes a "Random Thoughts on the passing scene" column every so often, and I think they may be my favorites. Here are some of his thoughts for today, which I found at JewishWorldReview.com, but are also found at Townhall.com:

When politicians propose some hugely expensive new program and are asked how the government is going to pay for it, a standard ploy over the years has been to claim that they will pay for it by eliminating "waste, fraud and abuse." At a recent town hall meeting, a citizen raised the obvious question: If you can do that, why haven't you done it already?

What is called "universal health care" can turn out to be universal "don't care" medical treatment, when Washington bureaucrats can over-rule what you and your doctor want to do.

After political crusades for "affordable housing" ended up ruining the housing market and much of the economy with it, many of the same politicians are now carrying on a crusade for "affordable health care."

Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Muammar Qaddafi and Vladimir Putin have all praised Barack Obama. When enemies of freedom and democracy praise your president, what are you to think?

No comments: