I've listened to Glenn Beck off & on for years now. I feel a connection to him you might catch when you read the column. And I don't mean about his being a Mormon convert, cuz I'm not. It was HIS Tea Party appearence in San Antonio, with Ted Nugent and Janine Turner - and at which a good friend was in attendance - that I was glued to on April 15.
John Stossel has been a favorite much longer, but also only intermittent, since I don't watch network tv, or really much tv at all except baseball, cooking, and DIY. So, two of my favorite guys in one column? Wow, this could be a grand day after all!
From Stossel's column:
And now he's host of his own Fox News show, which, even though it airs in the ratings desert of late afternoon, has a bigger audience than every show on the other cable news channels.
Why is he so popular? Beck says it's because he really believes what he says. I don't buy that. Rachel Maddow and Lou Dobbs believe what they say, but their audience is a fraction of Beck's. I hope he's popular because of what he says, like: "Both parties only believe in the power of the party"; "if we get out of people's way, the sky's the limit"; and the answers to our problems "never come from Washington."
Good stuff. Glad I got up for it. Y'all have a great day now, thanks for stopping by!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment