And it IS Tuesday, I'm sure of it.
From Thomas Sowell's column this week:
One of the many problems of the pay-back approach is that many of the people who most deserve retribution are no longer alive. You can take symbolic revenge on people who look like them but this removes the whole moral element. If it is all right to discriminate today against individuals who have done you no harm, then why was it wrong to discriminate against you in the past? (Emphasis mine)
...
Attempts to claim that Judge Sonia Sotomayor's words were isolated remarks — a slip of the tongue "taken out of context" — have now been discredited by further information showing that she has repeatedly expressed the same ideas, in virtually the same words, at other times and in other contexts.
On a personal note: Tough day for me yesterday, woke up tired again today. This is becoming the way of my world and I'm not crazy about it. All my meds are correct, so once again, I'm going to blame the heat. There are times when it isn't just living in a city that I can barely stand, it's living in a city covered in a blanket of "hotter than Hell!" It's ten minutes till 8 - A.M! - and it's 81F. Gah!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
ROFL, 81 degrees? That's the cool temperatures when I try to get the grass mowed (but, since the yella flies don't like the heat, I usually have to wait until the hottest part of the day).
But, yeah, SwampMan and I have noted that we're just exhausted lately. It could be the sudden change to summer temperatures, but I'm wondering whether it might not also be the emotional/mental wear and tear from watching the government trample on the constitution and ruin the economy for years to come.
Hey, that was 81 before the sun poked its head over the trees behind Ben's house - today it's a chill 77F. I had planned to get up early to do some yard work, but the tiredness is winning this morning, it seems. Forgot to take my Fosomax, will now spend the next 24 hours remembering I need to take it tomorrow.
I have lessened the mental wear and tear as much as possible - haven't watched tv news since about 1998. Don't read a newspaper. To tell you the truth, I get all my news from your blog & Paco & the rest of those in the sidebar here, plus the columnists at JewishWorldReview, Wall Street Journal online, and the half-hour reports on radio. If it's really important, I'll find it out there, and no one's forecast a hurricane in the next few days, so I'm good for now.
But you're right that it may be sadness at what's being done to our country, mixed with too much heat...makes perfect sense.
Post a Comment