Sunday, April 26, 2009

No apology

Since I only have 2 'followers' - one of whom is my Lovely Daughter - and readership in the (thanks, Richard) "low severals" most days, I will assume my absence from this page hasn't been a great strain on anyone's psyche. If I remember correctly, there was a statement in my very first post that blogging here would be "intermittent" at best. Three days absent may be a lot, but hey, there's this thing I have called Life, and - as with television - blogging comes with spare time, not at the expense of something truly valuable to me. Much as I enjoy blogging, much as I look forward to writing and reading the words of other bloggers, the flesh and blood part of my life comes first.

We've gotten most of the shopping done for our Retreat next weekend (see, I'll be among the missing again for 3 more days then). I've gotten some much-needed un-busy time, time with my hubby prepping for this retreat, watching baseball & NASCAR, going to a meeting...it's been a wonderful weekend.

The picture above is my Pixie, learning to eat freeze pops. Maybe it'll make up for my lack of posting, but if not...meh, big deal. Too relaxed and cozy to give a rat's behind, actually. Blogging for the next week will probably REALLY be intermittent, with last minute organizational stuff for Retreat, then being gone Friday thru Sunday, and Handsome Hubby leaves for his section hike on the AT on Monday the 4th. At which time I start painting kitchen cabinets, since Lovely Daughter is taking vacation then & time with Pixie will be minimal. I have SO many things to get done that week!

Thanks for stopping by, please come again soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohooo! Both grandsons had freeze pops (outside) today.

As you have probably noticed, I vanish frequently for extended periods, particularly during grandchild visits and lambing!

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

Tis the Season, Swampie!

Nuke said...

mmmmmm, freeze pops!