Tuesday, April 28, 2009

One Hundred Down...the Idiocy Continues

I am so astonished at this latest idiocy by BarryO and His Band of Merry Men, I am practically speechless. I'm not surprised -- the beginning of this administration's reign has been pretty idiotic in more areas than one, but this one almost ranks as just plain mean. There will be a resurgence of nightmares, with no better 'reason' than BarryO wants that look, that style...

Aside from taking no action after the attack on September 11, 2001, how better to minimize the terror (yep, there's that word) most Americans felt - PARTICULARLY those in the greater New York City area - than to pull a stunt like this. The Other McCain always says it well.

My dad's CO had a little sign on his desk. I post it here not knowing authorship, or even if I got it right - it was 45 years ago, after all:

We the unwilling, led by the unknowing,
Are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.

We have done so much for so long for so little,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

So - liberal, fed-up-with-old-white-guy America...how's this 'hip' new Prez workin' for ya so far?

2 comments:

Kait said...

Mean, just plain mean. The sheer disregard for the American people (ESPECIALLY in NYC, for something of this calibur) is too much to stand anymore. The MAYOR wasn't even notified that they were going to do this? Even a day's advance notice to minimize panic (Post Traumatic Stress, anyone??) was too much to ask of this dismal failure of an administration. They are so selfish and arrogant it makes me want to move to Australia.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

Australia is having their own problems - a couple years back they banned guns & things go downhill from there.

According to my Site meter, I had a recent visitor from Trondheim, Norway! That's the city nearest the church in the painting I have (painted by my first grade teacher, from a postcard someone had), it's where my Norwegian ancestors came from. Wonder what it was that brought him (or her) to this place, out of all the blogs in the world!