Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday's Gone...

Fred Grandy at WMAL in D.C. says it's Square Root Day...3-3-09! Are you properly impressed?

Lost track of time, now have to hurry to get ready before my favorite short blond person gets here, but I'm wondering...

If the 'stimulus' package was supposed to save us from financial ruin, why is the Dow below 7000 for the first time in 11 years? If the 'stimulus' package was supposed to save us from financial ruin, why did Blue Cross/ Blue Shield here in Jax lay off dozens of employees yesterday?



Lynyrd Skynyrd is possibly my all-time favorite group & this is one of their best, in my opinion. I knew Billy Powell, the keyboard player who recently died - not real well, but enough to feel his loss, & it saddens me more than I realized.

Beautiful COLD morning, don't see a layoff in MY future - so far - so better get my lil butt moving. Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

SwampWoman said...

Dang, I didn't hear that. I was too busy with the news about the Clay County teachers being laid off.

I expect we'll be doing the same.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

Things is gonna get ugly all round. Of course, I know a woman who's applying with AT&T, evidently they're hiring. She was just recently hired at Big Lots, but is looking for something "better" if she can find it - not crazy about the retail world, I presume. And First Transit (contract buses for JTA) wants to promote my husband to supervisor (he keeps saying no).

Did Clay County lay off any office wonks/ administration workers, or just teachers?

Mikael said...

Wow, LS is my favorite band and Tuesday's Gone is one of their best numbers.

Thanks for posting it and I keep my fingers crossed about your job situation.

SwampWoman said...

Clay county laid off teachers, janitors, office workers--everybody.

Not sure about administrators.