Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Wisdom of Thomas Sowell - "Some people are so busy being clever that they don't have time enough to be wise."

Yesterday was Tuesday - I bet you already knew that. I've been feeling like dog meat, plus busy, so didn't get my usual Thomas Sowell Tuesday column link posted...not that you can't find it without me, of course!

I feel even worse today, but Thomas Sowell's column is another of his Random Thoughts, and I just LOVE those. So, here's the link at JewishWorldReview.com, and an example - or two - from the column.


Many colleges claim that they develop "leaders." All too often, that means turning out graduates who cannot feel fulfilled unless they are telling other people what to do. There are already too many people like that, and they are a menace to everyone else's freedom.

...

People who are urging us to do things to win the approval of other countries seem to put an excessive value on other country's approval, as distinguished from their respect that we can lose by such bowing to "world opinion." Do the world champion New York Yankees try to curry favor with teams that are also-rans?


Time for more coffee, aspirin, decongestant and shower before my Pixie gets here for the day. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: