Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's not a "consensus" in any sense of the word...much less SCIENTIFIC consensus! (with update)

Thanks to SJDoc, one commenter at Townhall.com, for my headline. Jillian Bandes' column is another in a long line of reminders that Congressional majority Dems are as much obstacles as Congressional minority Dems. Obstruction is their best talent, it seems. Paying heed to the Constitution? Not so much.

Hosting a hearing on global warming with no dissenting opinions made Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.), the ranking Republican on the Committee, think the Democrats and the Obama administration were just as complicit in the global warming scandal sparked by Climategate as the Climategate scientists themselves.

“What the hearings showed is that the President’s science advisors are at the bottom of the whole climate change debate,” said Sensenbrenner.



Do you still believe that Your Elected Representatives and the Current Occupant really represent your interests and the interests of this Nation? Do you think BarryO the Ditherer and His Merry Band of CongressWeasels even remember the Oath they swore when they took office?

In case they need a reminder of what they said, here's the President's version:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

And here's the one Your Elected Representatives take:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Yeah. I didn't think so.

UPDATE! Sometimes I should read the things in my sidebar before I post. Via my friends and fellow grouches at GrouchyConservativePundits comes this - from the Washington Times.

The numbers matter. Under pressure in 2007, NASA recalculated its data and found that 1934, not 1998, was the hottest year in its records for the contiguous 48 states. NASA later changed its data again, and now 1998 and 2006 are tied for the hottest years, with 1934 listed as slightly cooler.

You knew this was coming, didn't you?

No comments: