My first love wasn't motorcycles. It was airplanes.
THIS airplane, in particular.
If you read the comments, disregard skipjack's opinions - anyone who considers being on an airliner to be 'flying' isn't worth listening to. In my opinion, that is.
An old home movie...
The sound of the engine and the wind in these just about breaks my heart...
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
N94808 was a 1946 Model 415E. I soloed in it in the summer of 1973. And you could land it in a crosswind. All it took was a bit of timing and practice with the yoke, no rudder pedals. But it was easy to fly. It also had limited elevator travel to prevent stalls from becoming spins. Supposedly a guy in New Mexico had one on it's back and the battery fell out and it still would not spin!!!!!!!!!!!
And you could buy one for about the price of a Ford Pinto back then.
I remember the day you soloed. I never landed it, but I did do some of the flying when Dad took me to the dentist in the Hat.
KC, Love those old planes! Dad said that was the first type of small plane he ever went for a ride in. One of these days I'll get my pilot's license...
Make me want to blow the dust off my old Single Engine, Land ticket....
Jeff, ask Glenn what my first ride in a plane was - his buddy's mum, Bev Ledbetter, was the pilot, I believe.
One of My Chief's classmates took us up in a small plane here (flying club @ NAS) - it's a city. It's ok, but it's not the same.
It was Hensley's Dirty Brown 172 at the 99s meeting in Helena in 64.
And there are those who think I am loosing it.
Pssst, don't tell Kath, it will spoil her fun!
And Storme Christpherson came after me with shears. I was wearing a sweat shirt. So LP just cut the entire back of it off.
Post a Comment