Thursday, November 5, 2009

Frugal Living

Here are some reader tips in a column by Sara Noel. We've made pumpkin seed snacks for years, but I never had the directions written down...and we washed them, which I see was NOT necessary.

Thomas Sowell has Part III on The 'Costs' of Medical Care. You can find Part I here and Part II here.

ADDED: Thomas Sowell's The 'Costs' of Medical Care, Part IV is here.

I am feeling low today. Overtired. Money...or lack thereof. Mostly overtired, I think. How do I tell someone who really needs my help that I am not physically capable of doing what she needs, and doing it well, along with my other duties...*sigh*

I think the Pixie and I will see if we can find something unhealthy for breakfast...like raisin toast, maybe... Might be more later, but I won't bet on it, cuz My Chief gets off work early today. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

SwampWoman said...

I feel your pain! After battling with children all week at work, I've had the two grandsons this weekend and I. Am. Exhausted! Meeeeemaw, want drink! Meemaw! I'm hungry. Meeeeemaw! Dylan put PlayDoh in my new gloves! Meemaaaaw! Poopoo in pants! Meeeemaw! Can I pee on the tree? Meeemaw! I want to swing! Meeemaw! Dylan took my toy!

And that is all within 5 minutes. I haven't done the dishes yet. I cannot vaccuum. I just dug PlayDoh out of oven mitt when I went to take the cake pan out of the oven. DYLAN!

How in the world am I going to get my week's worth of ironing done, my floors mopped and carpet vaccuumed? I don't have time during the week! I can only pray the Department of Health (or church people or any relatives) don't drop by for an unannounced visit. I would have to kill them and bury them in the pasture so that nobody would know what the interior of my house looks like (not that the interior looks any better than the inside at this point because puppy has been busily digging holes, tearing up hoses, etc.)