Saturday, September 26, 2009

New Addition on My Blogroll

My brother has a post at Parrothead Jeff - Las Vegas Latitude, Parrothead Attitude.

In case you don't know, Glenn was recently discovered to have a 'mass' on one of his kidneys. Throws the whole world into a bit of a spin, and I had funds standing by in case they wanted me to fly up there. Thankfully for all of us, my presence was not required (or wanted), as surgery was a resounding success and recovery is proceeding at a brisk pace. I suppose I could've gone just to get in the way and feel important, but I'm glad it worked out so well. For all of us. Glenn's Lovely Bride and Beautiful Daughter kept me in the loop, and I'm so grateful to them for that. (I am, however, disappointed I didn't get a trip West...dammit)

Now, go read Glenn's 'new' perspective - when the going gets tough, Navy Wives get tougher. Thanks, Sharon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not much that could have been done anyway. It is now kind of funny here when Sharon has to go to get stuff instead of me.
By the time you got here there would have been nothing to do. I have slept most of the time since I got home on Thursday. I did go out into the driveway for a bit this afternoon. Just to enjoy the sun! And the staples were itching! Warm sunshine felt good on them.
PGU

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

"Getting in the way" is a skill that's not much appreciated, but it is one I excel at. I could still do it as an exercise in Ego, but seeing as how I like things that are useful...what would be the use, really.

Besides, I can save up some cash for a trip WEST, and that's worth the wait, in my opinion.