I'm not feeling particularly perky today, so I'm posting links to a couple columns I found interesting.
First up is Thomas Sowell at JewishWorldReview.com, on underdogs.
Next is Jonah Goldberg's tribute to Irving Kristol.
I also found a movie review by Walter Williams...of a movie he hasn't seen...which isn't really about the movie at all, come to find out. What it is is a short lesson on history and capitalism.
Last but certainly not least is my salute to "going green" in a money-saving and time-tested manner. I grew up in a working-poor family, and being frugal is something I understand. I'm not fanatical about it, but safety, simplicity and saving money are things I believe in. So here's a column on some of the ways I use vinegar in my home. One thing I do with white vinegar that's not mentioned in this column is I put it in the little cup meant for fabric softener in the washer. Clean, fresh clothes and soft towels with no soapy buildup on the fabrics OR in my washer. UPDATE: I forgot to add that in this climate, with extreeeeme humidity and heat, fabric softener tends to make clothes stink, in my opinion. I don't know if it degrades after a little time, or what, but those scented sheets are used very seldom in this house, for things that may have a problem with static cling...so the only time I really find a need for them is in the winter!
Now I think I'll find something to eat. Y'all have a fine day, and thanks for stopping by!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment