Thursday, September 17, 2009

Honeymoon in increments

My Chief and I got married in February of 1985. He wasn't a Chief then. We dressed in our cleanest Levis and running shoes, said the proper words in front of a judge in Memphis, Tennessee, then spent our last $12 on a bottle of Asti and 2 packs of smokes. I took him back to the barracks at zero dark thirty and didn't see him again till the following Tuesday.

We decided some time later that instead of the one fancy blow-out honeymoon most brides insist upon, we'd take our honeymoon in bits, over time, with little regard to the time of year. It's been nearly 25 years now, and we are off on another bit of honeymoon. Living happily ever after, now and then...

This time, we're packing up the kids and the Pixie and heading for Damascus, Virginia. My Chief and kids will ride the Virginia Creeper Trail early on Saturday, and will try to catch the Gators game later. My Pixie and I will stroll around town enjoying each other's company and the truly AUTUMN weather!

Taking Monday off to rest from the trip, I hope to be back here Tuesday morning. Those of you who MUST contact me have my cell phone number. Y'all have a FINE weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

UPDATE: We're back, and I'm tired. LONG weekend, but worth every muscle spasm I'm having. The Pixie is well and truly potty trained, the kids had a good time blasting down the Creeper Trail, and Grandpa seems pretty happy, too. Glad we got home before dark. Cats are fed. Now I'm resting.

4 comments:

SwampWoman said...

Have a great honeymoon!

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

Thank you! Looking forward to it SO much! Now off to NEX to buy cigarettes...whew! Hold down the fort while I'm gone, eh? Don't know if I'll have time to log back on tonight or not.

SwampWoman said...

Heh. Just wish it could be me goin' off for the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Did the same thing at times with four kids. The most recent segment was in 07 with the Missus and I able to partake in the sights and relatives in Oceanside and such. Did a tour of Downtown San Dog in a Herzog 3/4 ton Chevy Crew Cab.
Pixie's Great Uncle