Sunday, August 30, 2009

Little League World Series Champion CHULA VISTA!

I've had a touch of flu or something all weekend, so didn't do my usual routines...finally feeling up to sitting here and reading (despite my wishes to commiserate with Swampie about her job). My Chief had to make do for himself while I lounged on sofa and snored away in bed most of yesterday AND today. We DID watch the final game of the Little League World Series together, as has become custom, and congratulations to San Diego County's own Chula Vista!!! Woo Hoo!

When My Chief came home from his 'mandatory fun' meeting at work, he brought me a get well card and a bag of Chili Cheese Fritos. I have something to live for!
These things are supposedly bad for my heart... and arteries... maybe even my brain... but they are SO good for my SOUL.


Oh, what the heck - let's see TWO non-pc commercials from my younger days...


3 comments:

SwampWoman said...

I loooooved the Frito Bandito! (And Fritos corn chips, natch!)

SwampWoman said...

Hope you get over your touch of flu (woohoooo! You're immune now!)

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

Crack in a bag is what Lovely Daughter calls 'em. But LEGAL! Why do I still know all the words, several decades after the spots were hidden away in shame?

No one is as glad to feel better as I am. But do you think this'll keep me from getting something worse later on, really? If so, it was worth every minute.