Now, back to Dick Cheney. I love the man. He's from Wyoming, home of My Favorite Cousin and Her Excellent Husband. His voice does something to my knees that...well, nevermind... I like his politics, I like his sense of humour, and I like his attitude.
Rich Lowry at JewishWorldReview:
Hmm — an executive order protecting secrecy in a sensitive matter involving national security. Who does that remind you of? If it's not enough to make Cheney smile, it should get a well-earned smirk out of him.
On the same topic, from Jonah Goldberg:
In short, these people can't be won over, at least not without apologizing for a lot more than George W. Bush. Admitting a few mistakes or releasing a few photos won't convince them we've turned over a new leaf, because their hatred of America stems from a hatred of modernity itself.
Meanwhile, giving the Jihadists propaganda tools to help them say "see, we were right" won't curtail recruitment, it will fuel it. At least that's what Obama's most senior military advisors reportedly told him.
It's good news that President Obama is open to such arguments. It remains to be seen whether he's actually persuaded by them.
Wesley Pruden has this to say about Fancy Nancy:
The speaker has told so many versions of what she knew about what was going on at Guantanamo, and when she knew it, that all we know now is that she can't keep her stories straight.I don't hold my breath that this administration will do ANYTHING for the good of the Country. It'd be nice if they really DID the "public servant" thing in their work, but - based on past experience - I'd say the chances are (to quote my ol' dad) Fair to Horsesh#t.
Lemme know if that chance goes up, eh?


3 comments:
I thought I was the only one that thinks Dick Cheney (and his wife!) are great.
Oh, I read the part about Duffy thinking about teaching the handicapped. Now is not a good time to be going into special education. All of the ESE teachers and aides at the school I worked at this past school year that weren't on continuing contract (comparatively new to the field or the school) did not have their contracts renewed. These are teachers with specialized skills such as sign language for the deaf and hearing impaired students.
Most of the special ed kids will be mainstreamed which will not do them, their classmates, or their teacher any favors. These are kids with multiple deficits, behavioral disorders, and psychiatric conditions, and we love every one of them.
Swampie, I think he's more inclined toward tutoring. The thing is, I'm pretty sure he wants to go to school & use the benefits he worked so hard to keep. He's been chewing on this for years, and he works with disabled EVERY day - he's good at it. But I will definitely give him the benefit of your experience. He's talked to two people (from BIG school systems) where the special ed programs aren't being cut, they're being saved, at the expense of the main stream.
Don't get me started on mainstreaming children who are afflicted with behavioral & psychiatric conditions...let's put it this way - it's a nice THEORY, but has never worked in PRACTICE that I know of.
Post a Comment