Monday, May 11, 2009

How's yer mum?

I'm a mother and I didn't see Lovely Daughter at all yesterday - but remember, we had lunch Friday, so I don't feel left out or ignored. I kinda wished I could see my mum, but hoped she got the multi-colored roses I ordered. I went to a meeting, then tried to finish up painting & tidy up for the Pixie's return this morning - there's been a LOT of stuff on the floor that could be trouble in those cute little hands.

The little family went for a visit at his mother's house...or at least that was the plan when we spoke. The Pixie had a bit of...umm..."tummy trouble that requires many diaper changes" so they may have stayed home. I'll find out later.

Handsome Hubby called around 3:30 or so - the hikers were at a hostel, Billy feeling Montezuma's revenge, hoping against hope to get back on the trail today, will see how he feels. Billy wouldn't let Duffy carry his pack, luckily it was a much easier day to hike, but Billy was crashed in a bunk when Duffy called me. I hope they get back out today, I hope Billy feels better soon. Sick on the Appalachian Trail? Not an experience I want.

Around 6 I had cleaned up enough to see about taking a break, got a coke & looked up my mum's number. No answer. Left a message. Lame.

Went back to whatever I was doing, and around 9 the phone rang as I was finishing up for the day. It was my mum. She'd been over to my cousin's house for dinner and an afternoon with that crew. I'm so glad she moved back to Montana, she sounds great. Her own little apartment (little - it's about the same sq.ft. as my little house), to come and go as she pleases. She's involved at the senior center, something she refused to do in Colorado. She got cataract surgery & can drive without glasses. She drives herself to visit other people in the state. ALL over the state. And she goes shopping in the bigger towns by herself, for herself. I think maybe she's finally happy. I miss her. I miss Montana.

*sigh* Oh yeah, she got the flowers, too, and says they're very pretty. *sigh again*

Well, Pixie's here, gotta run! Thanks for stopping by!

UPDATE: No visit to the other M-I-L, Pixie was going through diapers too fast.

No comments: