Sunday, May 31, 2009

Breaking news from Kansas

An email from my brother in Wichita:

Dr. George Tiller, noted late term abortion provider was shot and killed this morning on his way to church. Check out the Wichita Eagle/ www.kansas.com and either www.kwch.com or www.ksn.com. And standby for the hysteria from the drive-by media.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving scumbag. In my OPINION, that is!

UPDATE:

Let me be a bit more clear on this. I did not and do not advocate the murder of any man for any reason, including his morally abhorrent behaviors toward women. This guy knew what he was doing, and in doing so he accepted the consequences and possibility of OTHER consequences of his actions. I will not cheer the killer, but I WILL NOT mourn the loss of such a twisted pathetic creature as Mr. Tiller.

Hmm...now that I think about it, BOTH of these men would have accepted that there might be serious and unpleasant consequences to their actions and CHOSE to go forward anyway, in their belief they were the 'right' thing to do.

UPDATE2:

The always-busy-and-on-top-of-things RSMcCain at The Other McCain is covering the story very well this evening.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kansas doctor George Tiller killed today!
WICHITA, Kansas - Media reports say that abortion provider Dr. George Tiller has been shot and killed at his Wichita church. Tiller has been among the few U.S. physicians performing late-term abortion. His clinic has repeatedly been the site of protests for about two decades. He was acquitted in March of misdemeanor charges stemming from procedures he performed, but moments after the verdict the state’s medical board announced it was investigating allegations against him that are nearly identical to those the jury had rejected.
The video from the scene:Dr. George Tiller-video

Kait said...

Interesting. Doesn't it seem ironic for a late term aborter to be going to church? Anywhoo, can't say I'm sad about this one...

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

I'm hoping he was praying for his soul but in many "progressive" congregations these days, abortion is less of a sin than the "mother" is "uncomfortable" and being told to grow up and deal with the consequences of her actions WITHOUT HARM TO ANOTHER.

Their interpretation of the Bible and even the teachings of Jesus simply astound me. Which is part of why I could never be a Protestant.

saint said...

It defies belief, doesn't it, that such a man as Tiller would dare step inside a house of God. But then, that says a lot about his Lutheran Reformation church as well.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

saint, the commenter here named Kait is my Lovely Daughter. Mother of my BEEootiful granddaughter, wife of Handsome Son-in-Law, and pretty smart cookie all 'round.

Not being brought up Christian, she's still got the FUNDAMENTALS down pat - you know, Life Is Sacred.

Amazing young family, that's what they are!

And thank YOU, saint, for coming by. I had a feeling you might visit on this one.