Analysis Paralysis. “Faith without Works is Dead.” I will work on the actual hands-on helping, not the THINKING ABOUT helping.
If I don’t wish to be nearly immobile this time next year, I must begin to do my phys.therapy/yoga routine this time this year. Three times per week.
My housecleaning MUST improve. This doesn’t mean it will pass anyone’s white glove test, but cleaning one room per week from top to bottom really doesn’t seem beyond my capabilities. Just because I USED to be able to clean them ALL top to bottom in one or two days is no reason to stop altogether.
Helpful and kind to others without being servile or condescending. I will strive to have a joyful, grateful heart, in any and all conditions.
Thanks for the inspiration, EVERYONE - and Happy New Year to all those who post, comment or lurk here!


10 comments:
I got up. Let us not push it. Three day weekend and we went to Palmdale and did Walmart last night.
I started the day with fixing breakfast for the ol man, but other than that it's Mythbusters marathon, Rose Parade on HGTV, and bowl games. Duffy goes to work at 5 or so, after which I have NO idea...yet. Love to Sharon!
There is that "little outdoor hockey game"..........Flyers at Bruins in Fenway Park!
Almost forgot about that, PGU, thanks! It won't be the same as the one I watched at Wrigley...but better than NOT watching, that's for sure.
I need to work on that whole housecleaning and exercise thing, too, KC! Right. I'll get started right after I bake some cookies.....
It is COLD out there this morning! I went out to feed in my usual garb of flannel PJs and hooded sweatshirt. No gloves, of course. The bucket handle was all icy, as were the gates.
The grandkids were here for the last couple of days. I just looked into the living room yesterday and resolved not to go into the living room for a couple days to see if housecleaning fairies were going to appear and clean up the toys. No housecleaning fairies last night! I MAY have to do it myself.
Swampie, I had frost on the windshield when I left for meeting this morning...at 0830!!! Had to wear a sweater to feed the strays!
Weather thingy says +41F...in the sun it ain't bad, but with the breeze it's pretty chilly, so I have my WINTER gloves out and am diggin' out the boots I got for Maryland next.
Good day for cooking...maybe s'more lefse!
And the ol man is 'resting' because he has that awful cold, so housecleaning is off the list till...at least 5 this afternoon!
Hey, that sounds like a great excuse! Unfortunately, I don't have one anymore.
I'm with ORPO, I got out of bed... let's not push things.
I've started the new year with a marathon The Shield, series 5 and 6.
Then I'll get stuck into de-messing and cleaning the house.
KC, is it because we're getting old that we just can't seem to do it any more? When I wake up and everything hurts it's not a good portent of getting any physical work done.
It's raining (again) now, and the grass is so high I have lost the dogs... temporarily. But the local farmers need the rain so I shouldn't complain.
And there's a job application due in on Friday, too.
Post a Comment