Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Government is a meddling presumptuous pain in the neck.

John Stossel has such a way with words! HIS title is "Free Stuff From Sam." Mine is the next to last line from his column, and I like it MUCH better.

There are more column links at JewishWorldReview.com. Binyamin has very able assistants who have come forward to help him out, and I am grateful for them. He could really use a staff, however, so if you can spare a buck or two, please send it on to them. With MY thanks!

My Chief is home this morning, wants to talk...converse...what's up with THAT??? It's early - if I have to talk to the cats at this time of day, I do, but I'm not always very NICE! This new shift is gonna take some getting used to...I take Fosomax (generic) on Wednesdays, so haven't even had coffee yet...but it sure smells good!

Handsome Son-in-law has a nasty cold...mine isn't any better than it was yesterday. Got the Cousins today, first time this week. Ugh. Gonna be a long, long day. Y'all go have a terrific day, MAKE it a good day, and thanks for stopping by!

UPDATE: If the Cousins are coming today, they are much later than usual...
UPDATE2: Not that it matters to you, but the Cousins arrived just before noon and were gone again by 2:30...slow work day for their mama, hope tomorrow is better.

7 comments:

SwampWoman said...

Dang, I'm not surprised. I went to Walmart after work today and it was dead. Last year during the summer, there would be several people standing in every line and the self checkout was busy as well. Today, nobody standing in line at either.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

The Exchange had a good crowd...but it's payday for active duty. Got another loaf of banana bread almost done, then I'm going to bed. My Chief will be home shortly after 10 but I can't stay up for him and then be ok in the morning...and Thursdays are long days for me. He might have tomorrow off, if he's on his regular schedule yet.

SwampWoman said...

Daughter made several frantic calls to me before I got home--she was stuck on top of the Matthews bridge due to that wreck, and her kids were supposed to have been picked up an hour earlier! Daddy was in a calculus test. They finally got picked up at school and daycare a little after 7.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

Good grief! Glad the ol man isn't driving anymore, except that he does - he's the FIELD Supervisor, after all...so he fills out the reports that need to be done when a bus is involved. And he may have weekend off again, since he did have to work tonight.

Does daycare charge $25 for every quarter hour after closing time?

SwampWoman said...

Nah, just a dollar a minute. School does, too.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

"JUST."

SwampWoman said...

Yeah. Sucks.